This month marks the tenth anniversary of PAX East, and I'll be there! Despite my recent transition to a nomadic lifestyle, I'll be returning to Boston for the occasion — especially since I'm expected to moderate a panel:
Saturday, February 29, 5:30–6:30 PM in Cuttlefish Theatre
Parents are raising the next generation of gamers — but let’s give some self-care to the current generation, too. How do we hold onto our identity as gamers after becoming parents? When do we find time for our favorite hobby, and how does having children change what games we’re playing? Our panel of players and developers will share their stories of adapting to their new lives while still making time for themselves and their games.
- Ken Gagne [Digital Content Developer @ Gamebits]
- Nic Tompkins-Hughes [Organizational Operations & Logistics Consultant @ Freelance]
- Jonathan Holmes [Writer @ Destructoid & Nintendo Force]
- Duane de Four [Educator, Media Critic, Activist @ DuanedeFour.com]
- Johanna Shaw [Jill-of-All-Crafts @ Shaw Asylum]
- Jeff Warmouth [Professor @ Fitchburg State University]
Follow along with the #paxparents hashtag on Twitter!
The audio and video of this panel can now be found on the Polygamer podcast.
(Promotional image courtesy Thomas Awrey)