Puzzledrome is a puzzle game that challenges you to create perfectly symmetrical palindromes out of shape- and color-based tiles. Arrange 101 different levels so they're reflected both vertically and horizontally! This game was released for iOS on May 28, 2015, and is coming this summer to Android, Windows Phone, Mac, and PC.
Puzzledrome is primarily the work of one man, Brian Dutton, who transitioned from being an audio programmer to a full-fledged game developer. In this interview, he discusses where he learned the necessary skills to make that leap; the many games he had to make before he got to this one; the how he expanded Puzzledrome's audience in terms of accessibility and internationalization; the value of making personal appearances at conventions and conferences; and more!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Puzzledrome, available at:
- Asinine Games & Puzzledrome on Twitter
- Audio Design for Video Games at the Berklee College of Music
- Flapping Bard
- Intellectual Property & Entrepreneurship Clinic at Suffolk University
- Cloud Breaker
- "Bob" — Weird Al's palindrome song