Framed is an interactive graphic novel from Loveshack Entertainment. Rearrange the panels of this noir-style comic book to change the order in which the action occurs. Will the spy run headlong into the police — or will he slip down a hallway, evading detection? You the player decide with panels you can drag-and-drop, rotate, and reuse.
In this interview, Framed designer and composer Adrian Moore discusses the influences that led to this unprecedented game, the role narrative plays, the different genres and game mechanics the team experimented with, and how the mobile indie market harkens back to the earlier days of his career, developing Populous at Bullfrog.
Watch the video above, or download the audio edition from Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Pandora, Amazon Music, Overcast, Spotify, Pocket Casts, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or the Internet Archive.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Framed for iOS
- Adrian Moore of Loveshack Entertainment
- Susan Arendt recommends Framed
- Framed is Hideo Kojima's Game of the Year
- Comix Zone for Sega Genesis
- Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
- "Listening to Framed soundtrack while programming. Feeling like a code detective!"