Rex Rocket is a 2D Metroidvania with 8-bit graphics and a wry sense of humor. Set entirely on a spaceship infested with shapeshifting green goo, the game features more than 110 rooms, branching paths, and multiple power-ups. It's currently available on Steam for PC, with Mac, mobile, and Ouya versions coming soon. In this week's IndieSider, I explore the first few levels while chatting with Castle Pixel artist Robert Maher.
Watch the video above, or download the audio edition from iTunes, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Pandora, Amazon Music, Overcast, Spotify, Pocket Casts, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or the Internet Archive.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Robert Maher of Castle Pixel
- Castle Pixel's Rex Rocket
- Not Quite Red for iOS
- Bit Bazaar
- Rex Rocket on Kickstarter
- How to get your game covered by YouTubers
- Blitzkriegsler's Let's Play of Rex Rocket
- Yacht Club Games' Shovel Knight sales breakdown
- Rex Rocket soundtrack on Bandcamp, courtesy Saskrotch
- Blossom Tales development blog
- Chiptune artists:
- Chiptune documentaries:
- Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King on Kickstarter